Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Winged Creatures

I've been a bit obsessed with angels and fairies lately. Perhaps because more than a few of us could use the help of an angel or a fairy godmother these days.

That being said, I recently purchased this piece from Amanda Blake's Etsy shop, This Is All I Know.



I love how Amanda plays vintage-looking, quite serious figures against fantastical landscapes or whimsmical garb.

The thoughtful expressions of her subjects, combined with the wings, reminds me of folk artist Debbee Thibault's multitude of angels and fairies. This party fairy is being offered exclusively by Earth Angel Toys.



Here's wishing everyone a guardian angel or a sprinkling of pixie dust!

1 comment:

amanda blake said...

so glad margaret found a good home.
lovely blog, such wonderful finds, thanks for including me.