Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Made in the USA

We Americans have never been shy about showing our national pride. And when we express our patriotism through folk art, the results are spectacular!

How great would this antique, 45-star flag look, hanging in your kitchen or mudroom? Contact Nantucket Country Antiques to snap it up.



Some 19th-Century needlework whiz expressed her love of country with her crochet hook. I love that eagle motif. Jeff Bridgman has more Americana for your perusal.



And how jaw-dropping is this 19th-Century bent-twig table from Wilson Folk Art? The flag framed by the heart just takes the cake.



God bless America!

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

Just found your blog while looking for arnolds print works. I have a few kitties myself and love the look of them. I do a lot of folk art myself and will getting into americana pieces soon. Loved that basket of kitties on ebay, but was more than my budget could take;)

Will check out your past blogs and put you in my bookmarks of favorite sites.

Debbie